Rolling through with tugga
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
You are a boat (not a person on the boat... you're the boat itself) and you need to do... mmmm something.... anyway, don't stay for long in the dark, the more lights around you, the more energy you have to move, activate orbs, or just stay alive... yes, being alive is exhausting.
This prototype is an entry to Ludum Dare 39 under the theme "Running out of Power".
The Ludum Dare Edition has no water lake sound in the background, plus the bloom effect was stronger, and the cursor was not locked and hidden during gameplay.
Checkpoints have been added. The checkpoints are invisible and are located at the borders between different areas.
Based on the feedback recieved on the Ludum Dare page, the following Bug Fixes and Tweaks have been included in version 1.1:
- Lowered default mouse sensitivity from 10 to 5.
- Added control over mouse sensitivity using "+" and "-" keys (+Numpad).
- Lowered boat turning torque from 5 to 3.
- Lowered the emissive power of everything.
- Added missing colliders on a few objects.
- Less boat rocking while moving.
Problems not solved yet:
- Increasing boat speed since it will require tuning other game-play parameters.
- Some light leaks due to low lightmap resolution.
- Unity 2017.1
- Blender 2.78c
- Inkscape 0.92
- GIMP 2.8
- NormalMap Online (http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/)
- Sonniss GDC Audio Bundle
- Raleway Fonts (https://github.com/impallari/Raleway/)
Note: The Mac version is currently untested.
Unzip the files, then run the exe file.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
I think that this is a really nice puzzle game. With checkpoints or a faster boat it will be a little less repetitive if you need to restart the level. Nice Job.